Friday 28 September 2012

Chennai and me

Its been three days so far in Chennai, I moved from Mumbai, the place where I grew up. I have been living in Mumbai for 14 to 15 years. I passed my tenth grade with flying colours (didn't prove to be "flying" later on), So my mom, who is a principal of a college, suggested continue my education in Chennai. I'm quite into science, and according to my mom Chennai's science education is better than that in Mumbai.

My dad works in Chennai, he is staying in a rented flat there. So I'm staying with my dad. The room is not quite made to accomodate two people but we managed somehow.

As for the city, it hardly differs from Mumbai in the matters of the environment. Even here one can find McDonalds, Adidas show room, Nike show room, Croma, and much more. There are a lot of jewellery stores and shops here. Well, hotels and restaurants are not so bad. Our usual stop for dinner till now was Saravanna Bhavan, unbelievably it has branches all over the world. My dad said it will be only for while after that our breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be the typical cuisine, idli-sambhar-rice.

The streets and roads (I think I should count the foot-paths too) are crowed with two-wheelers and buses.In Mumbai most people prefer to travel by local trains but the preference is for buses. The two wheeler driving is hopeless here.

Its been only three days here and the heat is killing me. I'm wondering how do people bear such heat.

On monday my school starts. I'm nervous. Hoping that everything goes well......



1 comment:

  1. hiii.....derrick.. that was a nice writing... i agree with juny... you will do very well.. you always adjust with the changes.... so i have no doubt....have a nice time.. try to enjoy wherever you are with whatever you have....

    ReplyDelete