Tuesday 2 October 2012

Long Absence

My last post was around a year ago. Since then there's been quite a lot of changes. Right from the place where we stay to my personality. From T.Nagar, we shifted to Vadapalani. The apartment here had a extra room. But due to due uncomfortable environment and frequent power-cuts, we left this place and rented an apartment in Arumbakkam not far from Vadapalani. This was really spacious, it had two bedrooms, a hall and kitchen.

My school, Asan Memorial Sr. Sec School, is in Egmore. Its one of the oldest CBSE schools in Chennai, even though it might not look like one. In my class, the brains and personality of students are completely diverse. There are nerds and doubt-boxes  to all-rounders to dumb-heads and snobs.
Santhosh and Nithin are the toppers of my class. They occupy the first few benches and they are barely interested in sports. There was a rumour once, that the only time Santhosh stood second in class was when he accidently skipped two pages of his physics question paper.
The doubt-boxes are ones who plague the teachers' life with doubts, which may or may not (mostly not) be relevant to what's being taught in class, either to impress the teachers/students, or the waste away the time. Once my friend, Adithyan, saved half the class from a possible suspension  when he asked my Physics teacher for an explanation about the "God Particle" (a then breaking discovery). He slept off before the end of the explanation.
Among the dumb sorts, there's some guys who practically don't have any talent but they'l boast and bluff so much that we can actually make out that their faking it. But still they won't quit it. One of them, brags about being a national basketball player and he wouldn't even know that basketball played with five men on each team.

The people here are quite different from those in Mumbai. They are hot-tempered and don't cool off easily. I  happened to witness a tussle between two 'women', not men, on my way to school (It was on the second day to school). On an average, Tamilites are intelligent and smart. Some say its because of their food. Most of the people here are brahmins who eat a lot of leafy vegetables, curd and dairy products.

Just as how a chameleon changes its colour according to the surrounding, so have I adapted to my environment. I've picked a tamil accent (I have to speak cautiously to my friends in Mumbai) and a few words. My complexion darkened. More-or-less my behaviour is just the same (can say that since my mom still gives me her old lectures).

No comments:

Post a Comment